Other Services2017-11-30T02:22:05+00:00

Other Services

Hospital Consultation Liaison Services

For inpatient wards of Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hopsital, The Prince Charles Hospital, Redcliffe Hospital and Caboolture Hospital Clinical Nurse Consultants are available for patients with alcohol and drug use problems complicating physical and/or mental health admissions.

For Brisbane City Watch House, a Clinical Nurse Consultant assists the Queensland Police Service in the management of people in custody who have been identified to have alcohol or other drug issues.

Dual Diagnosis Consultant

For clients of the Alcohol and Drug Service where both alcohol and/other drug issue and mental health issues co-exist, our service has a Clinical Nurse Consultant with expertise in this type of presentation, who can provide support, advice and case management to ensure both health issues are addressed in treatment.

Diversion Services

Queensland Magistrate Early Referral into Treatment

Queensland Magistrate Early Referral into Treatment (QMERIT) program provides defendants who come before the Redcliffe Magistrate, charged with an offence relating to illicit drug use, the option to engage with drug rehabilitation services through bail conditions. QMERIT combines treatment and support services for defendants with problematic drug use during their contact with the criminal justice system. Ph: 3897 6330

Queensland Police and Court Diversion

Queensland Police and Court Diversion sessions offer assessment and early intervention strategies for people aged 12 and over who have been referred through police or courts due to being apprehended with a small amount of illicit drugs in their possession. The aim of the session is to assess current and past substance misuse, identify areas of concern and provide education and information on the harms and risks of illicit drug use.

Changing your Queensland Police and Court Diversion appointment

Police and Court Drug Diversion Program appointments are made and coordinated by the Diversion Coordination Service. Staff of the Alcohol and Drug Service do not have the ability to make changes to your appointment date or time.

If you arrived late, on the wrong day/time or missed your appointment, the steps you need to make depend on the type of diversion your received. In most cases, the appointment can be rescheduled.

Police Diversion
If your Diversion was provided directly from the Police, then only the Police can change your appointment. You need to:

  1. Contact/phone the ‘Arresting Officer’ (the police officer who you initially had contact with). If you can’t remember who that was, just call the Police station you dealt with.
  2. Ask if it is possible for your diversion to be rescheduled and your reason why.

Court Diversion
If your diversion was provided via the courts, than only the courts can change it.

  1. Call the court on (07) 3836 0677
  2. Ask for the ‘Court Diversion Officer’
  3. Ask if it is possible to reschedule your appointment.

Contact us

Alcohol and Drug Information Service (ADIS)
You can discuss treatment options or make an appointment by calling

1800 177 833 (24/7)

Back to top