Volunteer at Redcliffe Hospital
Our volunteers are integral to the health service and provide invaluable support to our patients, their family, visitors and staff. Every skill and ability, large or small can help improve someone’s life. Their kind smiles, helping hands and generous hearts are a powerful means of helping our patients get well. Volunteers spread the spirit of caring and concern as they help patients and visitors navigate their journey throughout the halls of our hospital.
We have more than 100 dedicated volunteers who help out generously by giving their time, energy and care to the patients, staff and visitors.
These valuable volunteers support the Redcliffe Hospital through the following services and areas:
- directing and escorting patients to their destination
- greeting patients at the front entrance and helping with their access into the hospital
- companionship and bedside visits
- recreation support and activities
- flower arranging and refreshing for patients
- a magazine and novel service for patients
- help with folding brochures and the preparation of information packs
- volunteer Chaplain services from various denominations
- play based activities for children in paediatric and antenatal waiting rooms
- help patients arrive, for day surgery, specialist outpatients, and general admissions
- support for cancer care patients
- library support
- wig library
Queensland Health is an equal opportunity employer and all volunteer applications will be treated equally. Volunteers must possess the ability to gain an understanding of, and adhere to, Redcliffe Hospital practices, policies and procedures. Conditions of becoming a volunteer:
- ability to interact in a team
- meet the vaccine preventable diseases requirements
- be at least 18 years of age
- ability to acquire a positive criminal history check
- possess good communication skills
- ability to acquire a valid working with children Blue Card as required
- ability to maintain confidentiality and professional boundaries
- independently work within Workplace Health and Safety Guidelines
- independently able to follow hospital emergency procedures
- independently comprehend policies and procedures
- ability to use initiative, take direction and work with limited supervision.
Application forms remain current for a period of three months. Every effort is made to match the volunteer’s talents and interests with an available position.
Join our team