What is GP Smart Referrals?
Smart Referrals are digital referrals integrated with Best Practice and Medical Director software to enable faster, streamlined referrals to Queensland public hospitals.
Smart Referrals make it quicker and easier for General Practitioners (GPs) to refer their patients for specialist outpatient and community services ensuring referrals will be sent to the right place, first time and with all the essential referral information needed to accurately categorise as per Metro North Health requirements.
To find out more, watch this short 5 minute Introduction to Smart Referrals video
Key features and benefits for GPs include:
- Condition specific templates that auto-populate required test results from the patient file in the Practice Management Software to assist GPs to provide the essential referral information. This ensures nothing is missed, no rework or double handling and saves practice unnecessary administrative time.
- An easy way to attach documents from the computer or clinical software. The system is capable of accepting large files (up to 5MB) and a variety of file types (e.g. images, PDF, Word documents from clinical record or computer).
- A comprehensive service directory that lists locations where services are offered and estimated wait times.
- Track and receive electronic updates into your Practice Management Software about where the referral is at along the continuum.
- Integrates with Brisbane North Health Pathways.
Smart Referrals ultimately provides digital capacity to facilitate the seamless receipt, registration and triage of specialist outpatient and community referrals allowing for improved referral communication, workflow efficiency, and streamlined processing.
Smart Referrals is a Queensland Health initiative and an important step in digital healthcare, creating a connected modern health system for Queenslanders. Brisbane North GPs can use Smart Referrals to refer not only to Metro North Health but also Children’s Health Queensland and most neighbouring Hospital and Health Services.
Practice registration and set up
Practice registration and set up is required to access Smart Referrals.
Three steps and you are ready:
- Complete Practice Registration Form, Terms of Access and email completed forms to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Installation of Smart Referrals into practice management software (no cost options available).
- Attend Smart Referrals training (virtual, face-to-face or self-directed)
Support and training
Practices within the Metro North Hospital and Health Service catchment are supported by the Brisbane North PHN Digital Health Support Officer. For registration, installation, training and support, contact the Digital Health Support Officer: email@example.com
Technical and software support
Phone: Queensland Health IT GP hotline 1300 478 439 (available 24/7)
Select Option 2: Smart Referrals
Why use GP Smart Referrals?
If you currently use Best Practice or Medical Director as your Practice Management Software and send referrals by FAX or SWT (Medical Objects/Healthlink) please consider moving onto GP Smart Referrals.
GP Smart Referrals is an integrated system that support GPs to submit referrals securely and directly to the required HHS. It is a state-wide solution with most HHSs onboard. The system offers many benefits that other methods or referral submission do not.
(* = Limited)
|MNH Template/ Letter FAX
|MNH Template/ Medical Objects/ STS
|GP Smart Referrals
|Secure, electronic transfer
|Attach multiple file types
Up to 25mb
|Waiting times displayed by service and facility
|In-built referral templates with auto-population of information from Practice Management Software
|Automatic referral status updates
|Automatic referral receipt
|Can update original referral
|Urgent referrals are automatically prioritised on receipt at the HHS
|Patient catchment information displayed
|Integrated service directory
|Integrates with Health Pathways
|Copy of the referral saved automatically in PMS
Comparison of referral submission functions/methods
If your practice does not use Best Practice or Medical Director, you can still send electronic referrals. More information is available on secure messaging, or call our GPLO team.